The Forward Promise Network encourages robust and respectful dialogue along with the sharing of ideas and solutions that promote the wellbeing of boys and young men of color. As a member of the Network, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be respectful. Posts containing profanity or other disrespectful, disparaging or defamatory language will be removed.
- Act responsibly. Advice or information posted in a discussion is the opinion of the individual user and does not represent the views of the National Program Office.
- No buying or selling allowed. Posts that promote the sale of commercial services, publications, products, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Do not post anything that you wouldn’t want made public. While the Network is open only to members, it is not a confidential forum. Content posted to the Network may be made public.
- No Lobbying. As a National Program Office of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Forward Promise is prohibited from supporting attempts to influence the outcome of any election for public office or engaging in lobbying activity. Accordingly, the following types of content are prohibited on the Network: 1) content that expressly or impliedly endorses or opposes any candidate for public office or any political party; and 2) content that encourages others to contact a government official to express support for, or opposition to, any legislation, including a specific legislative proposal that has not yet been introduced. In addition, hyperlinks to website pages that contain these types of content, or which direct users to such materials, also are prohibited.
- The views expressed within the Network do not necessarily reflect the views and position of Forward Promise. Forward Promise cannot and does not verify or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content of the Network.
- Comments or content shared in Network events or activities are not private and could potentially be shared outside of network.
Network Moderation and Management
- The primary purpose of moderators and managers is to help facilitate discussions, knowledge-sharing, and participation.
- Chat and discussion moderators may edit and delete posts that they consider contrary to the Forward Promise Network guidelines or otherwise illegal, harmful or inaccurate. We will attempt to conduct these activities in a timely fashion; however, we are not responsible for delays in editing or removing posts or failure to do so.
- Moderators and managers can also limit or ban users who are reported or observed as abusing or “spamming” community members. Such users will be promptly removed from the Network.