Aired: August 25, 2020
Dehumanization is the root cause of generations of historical trauma. Historical dehumanization is evidenced in thoughts, feelings, and actions by the dominant culture throughout United States history. The impacts of racism and colonization expressed through historical dehumanization have led to the mass destruction, punishment, or control of land and people. Panelists will discuss the root of dehumanization, its health impacts on BYMOC, and offer solutions for healing that affirm their full humanity.
- Dr. Rhonda Tsoi-A-Fatt Bryant, Forward Promise
- Dr. Howard C. Stevenson, Forward Promise
- Héctor Sánchez-Flores, National Compadres Network
- Katrina Dizon Mariategue,Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC)
- Tavae Samuelu, Empowering Pacific Islander Communities (EPIC) – Webcast Moderator